Wednesday, May 19, 2010

An update of recent events!

SOOO much has happened in the past few weeks and for some reason, I haven't been compelled to really write about it. But I should...just because all the cool cats do it right? So here it goes!

1. On May 7th, I graduated from the University of Utah with a bachelors degree in Speech Communication and cultural studies! Wooh! It was SUCH AN AWESOME experience. But to be honest, it made me kind of sad. It made me realize that I have spent the past 4 years investing my life in this education and didn't bother to make any really close friends while I was at it. I had a ton of acquaintances I graduated with but not a single person I'd call my friend! It's just so weird how different college is from high school... In high school I can't really think of anything significant I learned but I gained life long friendships. In college, (hopefully) I learned something...yet not a single friend was gained. Sigh.

2. I GOT A NEW JOB!! Starting in a few weeks, I will officially be a Corporate Trainer here at America First!! I am so excited to have the opportunity to do something new and something I think I'll actually enjoy rather than...well you know. So yes! No more HR intern! Wooh!!

3. This last weekend, George and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary!! It was amazing! We stayed at the Anniversary Inn on 5th South in Salt Lake in the Palace room. It was awesome! The only problem was, when we got back to our room after spending the afternoon seeing Robin Hood and eating amazing food at Benihana, our room was 95 degrees! So, we spent most of the night outside on the balcony while our A/C was blasting! We still had a great time though and it was just nice to just get away!

4. So on Monday, George and I had the day off so we went up to the U to buy a psychology book for a class i'm taking and we decided to buy an iPad! I'm not going to lie, it's pretty cool! Although, George really wanted it for business reasons but he hasn't really used it yet! But I still love our new toy! I just hope it's worth the money we spent on it!

Ok, so before I continue with this list, I just have to say, these past few weeks have been so great that I have been wondering if there will ever come another point in my life when so many good things happen at once! I hope so, but you never really know do you?

5. So now comes the things I am fearing most in my life right now. My dad. A few weeks ago, they found a growth on his liver. The doctors have been doing tests on it trying to determine what it is...and well, all the doctors seem really concerned. They aren't sure if it's cancerous but they do think it's something serious.... We wont know for a few more days but I am so worried because Liver Cancer is awful and painful and very hard to treat... So I am just hoping and praying for the best... But I think my dad is taking it all really well. He is actually feeling pretty good so it's hard to imagine he might have cancer in him. But I think if he did get diagnosed with cancer, he wouldn't regret a thing... He's been a pretty amazing person, giver, friend and dad. And I know if he gets the privilege to stay on this Earth even longer, he will continue being the amazing person he is...and that's what brings me peace.


6. I don't really know if I have anything else to update in my life. Maybe just that George and I aren't sure what to do about our living situation. We've been back and forth on buying a house...but I think we are both just really uneasy about that big of an investment... But at the same time, I don't know if we can stomach paying just as much as a mortgage would be on renting a place! So, I don't know what the right thing is to do... but hopefully we'll figure it out soon.


Well there you go. All caught up.

2 comments:

Rob'n'Mon said...

SO excited for you to be joining our department! Congrats on the job!
Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope things go well for him.

Laura {and JR} said...

my vote would be buy a house! that way you arent throwing your money away! it is totally worth it! Hope everything goes well with your dad and Happy Anniversary (it was our anniversay, too!)!!