Monday, April 12, 2010

Graduation!!! One giant step to uncertainty.

So, 3 weeks until my GRADUATION!


I have been waiting for this day to come for 4 years! I can't believe I am done. I should be so excited! But i'm not. I'm not excited...because I am afraid of what is going to happen next...or rather what ISN'T going to happen next. Is this how it should be? Have I worked so hard for this? Have I just wasted 4 years of sleep, time and MONEY to not find a job and end up being an intern for the rest of my life? I know i'm exagerating but I just feel so lost. I really want to be hopeful. I want to know something will come up but right now I just feel so unsure!

None the less. I am really proud of myself for sticking through it. I am not going to lie. EVERY semester it seemed I was second guessing if going to school was even worth it. EVERY semester I had that annoying professor that made me do ridiculous assignments. EVERY semester I lost sleep and time from things I cared about. But it's over now.

No more response papers
No more group projects
No more 15 page essays about something I couldn't care less about
No more chartwells meals(YAY!)
No more early morning relaxing train rides
No more people watching on the 220
No more FREE public transportation!
No more applications for student loans!
No more calling the student services and getting the WORST service possible!
No more doing homework on the grass
No more layed back campus life
No more comparing with students who schedule is crazier
No more intelectual conversations about third wave feminism with random people in the library
No more all night study groups filled with pizza and bad ideas
No more 25cent blue books I always somehow forgot to buy before tests

It's over! It's my time to shine!! It's time to grow up. It's time to move on.

Ready? Yes.

Set? No.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Graduation is such a weird ball of emotions, relief because it's finally freakin' over, and fear, especially if you don't have a job set up. I was the same way! But it'll all work itself out, I'm sure! :)