Thursday, April 22, 2010

Standing Ovation

So today was the last day of class on the University of Utah campus. Which means...I still have 2 more classes in bountiful I have to attend but this morning was the last time I walked on campus to go to a class. Weird. As if it wasn't weird and almost emotional enough, something crazy happened!

The one class I actually had on campus this semester was a class called Power Basics. It was taught by a highly esteemed Business professor by the name of Alan Saudamir. Awesome guy. I took a class from him my sohomore year called foundations of business. I learned so much in that class! So when I heard he was teaching a class called Power Basics, I knew I'd have to take it at some point! Finally, I got around to it and I don't regret it one bit! Although, I wish I would have been more attentive during class, all in all, I learned quit a bit about the business world according to a consultant perspective.

But anyways, so today I went to class. He tried to sum up the entire class which he did oh so elequently and finished by saying "You can act superior or you can be superior. Remember that this summer and throughout your journey in the business world."

Suddenly everyone started standing up. I was thinking to myself "How rude, he just finished and you're in a hurry to leave?" but then...everyone started clapping. This has never happened before! A roaring sound of gratitude and acknowledgement! It was amazing! I stood up with them and gave him his recognition.

This is weird to say but I was almost moved to tears. But I can't help but feel so blessed to have such an awesome and definitely unforgettable last day of class!

Thanks Professor Saudamir.

2 comments:

Laura {and JR} said...

I took that class, too! and I agree, it was awesome!

Becky Jo & George Ortiz said...

You were in that class? I never saw you! I feel bad...half the time I didn't really listen. but I still love him. he's such a great guy!