Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fool me once, Shame on you. Fool me twice, Shame on me.

I have heard this saying about 20 times in the past 3 days.

Why?

Because I have successfully been robbed from 3 times.


Robbery #1: Summer of 06'

It was a hot summer day! So I decided to stop at a gas station in Kaysville to get a Frazil. If you don't know what a Frazil is, they are amazingly wonderful slurpee drinks. But anyways, I went into the gas station carrying my keys and wallet and started serving myself a frazil. Well, a man came up next to me and also started serving himself a Frazil. He said "hi"very kindly and asked how my day was. I said "good" and continued to focus on my Frazil. Well when I went up to the counter I realized I didn't have my wallet! I was like, Oh, I must have left it in my car. But while walking out to my car, I realized "NO! I didn't leave it in my car, I had it with me when I was getting my drink" Just as I realized that, I see the man and about 2 other guys drive off in a white truck.

Crappy huh? It actually turned out ok. I guess the guy who seemed very nice and gentlemenly just was looking for cash. Once he grabbed my wallet and saw there was no cash in it, he shoved it in a random mailbox and drove away. A few days later someone called me and told me they sent my wallet to the police and I could pick it up there.

All turned out ok.


But shame on him!




Robbery #2: Thanksgiving 2007

Me, George and our friend Mike decided to drive down to Vegas and have Thanksgiving with George's mom. When we arrived in Vegas the night before Thanksgiving, it was really late so I left a few things in my car(my mistake). On Thanksgiving day, I think around the afternoon, I finally went out to my car to grab my stuff. Well, you guessed it. My stuff was gone. My friend Mike left the backdoor unlocked so my stuff(ipod and accessories, a watch, and worst of all, my laptop) was easily taken.

ARRRG!!! I was hysterical. I went to the police and since it's Vegas, I am sure a stolen laptop is the least of their worries! But I was so upset. Mostly because it wasn't just a laptop, it was the device that stored ALL of my essays and homework that were due.

But even through all of this, I knew it could have been worse. How could it have been worse? Well, I had a spare key sitting on the passengers seat of my car. So, the person who robbed me wasn't that smart because they actually could have just taken my whole car.

But the story gets better. The next day while we were driving home from Vegas, my car got a crack in the header and died.


Shame on me.



Robbery #3: March 15th, 2010

This one is the most vague. Mostly because I don't know when or where it happened... But this is what I do know.

Monday evening: I take my friend Anna out for dinner and ice cream. After we went to get ice cream(I paid with my card), I dropped her off and went to the church. On our way to the church in Syracuse, I put lotion on(important I promise). My car stays at the church for about 2 hours until George takes it to our friends house in West Point. We stay in West Point until about 11 than drive home.

Tuesday morning: I leave the house at around 9 to go to the gym. On my way to the gym I was going to put lotion on but looked down and couldn't find my lotion. "That's weird" I thought to myself. Before I get out of my car to go to the gym, I make sure my doors are all locked because there was a guy in the car next to me.

When I get out of the gym, I get in my car and get ready to go to the store. I look down and notice my cigerette burner is open. "That's weird, I think to myself." "Thats never opened"

Than I realize in a panick! "IT'S NEVER OPENED BECAUSE MY IPOD CHARGER IS ALWAYS PLUGGED INTO IT!" Thats when it hit me. My ipod, ipod charger and aux chord are gone. I freak out and call George, he said to call the police and everything should be ok. I was ok. Not too big of deal. Well I get to the store and go to grab my purse and realize. No purse.


By this time, I'm just exasperated.


Anyways, I am not going to go into detail but I concluded it happened at my church because there I know my doors were unlocked. I also concluded that the person who stole my stuff was just some kid who wasn't going to really try to use my cards.

I was wrong.

So through this whole ordeal I lost; An iPod, iPod charged, Aux chord, purse, $75 worth of eye contacts, work badge, $99 coupon for a facial, my wallet, drivers licence, debit and credit card, and social security card.

I am sure there were some other things that I'll realize and regret having in my purse later but for now. I'm mad.

What makes matters worse, The person who took my card used my card at 2 places. One at a gas station and spent $74.52. The other, I guess we'll find out in a few days.

I know eventually everything will work out but...jeez. I'm not going to lie. This just totally sucks.


I think it's time to get a car with automatic locks. And it's time for me to stop leaving valuable things in my car.

Shame on me.

2 comments:

Nate & Mandi said...

UGh I am sorry! That is the worst!!! I hope everything works out for you!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry! That's horrible! Just last year, a week before Christmas, my purse was stolen (because I stupidly left it in the floor of my boyfriends car) and someone buster his window out to steal it. At first I was outraged because I figured it would cost us more to fix the window than the thief got out of my purse. Nope, the next day I realized both my iPod and camera were in the purse, keys to several houses/cars, almost all of the makeup I owned. It sucked.

Hope everything gets sorted out quickly! It's such a hassle replacing everything!