Thursday, March 18, 2010

A thought from Jessica

I just read this post from my friend Jessica that was begging the question,"What if you could go back and re-make decisions you had made previously", or "What if you could see where you would go if you made a decision?"

Oh man. Wouldn't that be great?

But it's not that way. Most of the time, we are all just shootin in the dark. But are we? Personally, I don't think so. The reason? Because I believe that God has a plan for my life.

If you are reading this and scoffing at the thought of pre-determaination well read my personal story and see if you still feel the same way after.

4 years ago I graduated High School. My life so I thought was going to be on a fast track to success. For my last semester of High School, I did an internship at America First in the Marketing Dept. The plan was, once my internship was done, they'd send me out to a branch where I can work as a teller. Life would be peachy.

Well it didn't happen that way. On the contrary, after I graduated and finished my internship, and America First wouldn't hire me as a teller. I interviewed with 4 different managers and they all were un-willing to take me as much as the HR recruiter Dan recommended it.


Life sucked.


I was graduated with no job. I felt rejected and lost. I spent a whole semester trying to shine so that I would be able to get a job(Because I had NO other job experience, I didn't think it'd be able to get a job anywhere else).

So, I ended up being a movie extra for about 2 months. I made good money but I knew I couldn't an extra for the rest of my life. So I started putting out applications anywhere that was hiring. One of the places was Barnes and Noble. Obviously, I was a little resentful about the whole situation because I really didn't see myself working anywhere retail. I had my heart set at working at America First.

Much to my disbelief and reluctancy though, I actually got the job at Barnes and Noble.

You're probably now asking yourself, why are you telling me this story?

Well... it turns out. This job CHANGED my life.

At Barnes and Noble, I met a someone who brought Christ into my life and changed my life forever. But that isn't it. If I would have done what I wanted to do and gotten the job at America First, I never would have met my husband, George.

I guess what I am saying is, 3 and a half years ago, I would have given anything to go back and try and change things so that I would have gotten the job at America First then.



Now, not a chance.

1 comment:

Rob'n'Mon said...

How sweet! Glad you got a job at AFCU anyway!