Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The storm will calm the sea.

I usually write about happy things but this is on my heart and I guess it would just make me feel better to write about it. My Grandma Lil passed away Sunday morning. She was such an amazing woman. I remember when I was little she'd always get angry with me because I was too hyper. Yet she would help me make a tent in her living room and crawl in it to play with me. She was the biggest Cubs fan you would ever meet. And she had a spirit that gleamed through her skin. I wish you could all have known her...I wish I could have known her better. But most of all I wish she could have met George. I think she would have loved him. It's been rough...she had been battling cancer for so long and my dad had told me once that she just wanted to be with Ed(My grandpa). I'm just so comforted to know she is back with grandpa and with our Lord which is where she wanted to be. In memory of you, I love you Grandma.

Romans 4:18

2 comments:

Camille said...

Becky,

I am truly sorry for your loss. You are right, this too shall pass and she is blessed to be with your grandpa again. Please let me know if you need anything.

cathouse teri said...

Oh dear. I had no idea that Lil had passed. I too am happy that she is where she wanted to be. But I know you will miss her. It is too bad that she never met George, or got to see how happy you two are together ~

... but maybe she sees you now? :)

love and hugs